Nottinghamshire Cricket Board is happy to announce 2017 Primary School's Chance to Shine Project.
Through our delivery partner Chance to Shine, we wish to provide opportunities for all school pupils to engage in high-quality skills based programme, with opportunities for them to progress within cricket at school and in their community.
The project aims to provide a notion of sporting excellence within primary schools in regards to cricket activities through the following key objectives:
- Providing children opportunity to engage and develop movement skills using a cricketing environment to further progress movement skills e.g. running, jumping, catching & throwing.
- To create a sporting environment based around cricket enabling students to evoke the 3 C’s; Confidence, Competence, Competitiveness with enjoyable outcomes.
- To master cross-curricular fundamental skills such as agility, balance and coordination skills through progressive sessions, led by both follow students and NCB coaches.
- To develop a broad range of skills and understanding as to improve in physical activities sports such as cricket; in accordance to guide success and failure through understanding and evaluation.
- Deliver coaching sessions that provides students with the fundamental cricket skills and ensures schools/teachers with the confidence to participate in Kwik Cricket competitions.
For more information, please look at the bottom of the page where you can download our 2017 program. Alternatively, submit the attached expression of interest via survey monkey here and we will get back to you ASAP.