Nottinghamshire deliver a Women's Indoor Cricket League, hosted by Bar Lane Community Sports. In 2015, there were four teams who participated.
Notts Finest, Notts All-Stars, Plumtree and Nottingham University played each other twice in the format before the final standings were decided at the end of the tournament.
The rules can be found below:
- Eight players in a team with the match consisting of 16x8 ball overs per side
- Teams bat in pairs for four overs at a time, if you lose a wicket you continue batting but lose five runs per dismissal
- Normal ways of getting out apply whilst you can also be caught off the nets except if it hits the back net which classes as a six
- Every member of the team bowls at least two overs and nobody bowls two consecutively
- Hit the net between the crease and halfway line = 1 run (Hit this net then the back net an extra run is awarded)
- Hit the new between the halfway line and top corner = 2 runs (Hit this net then the back net an extra run is awarded)
- On the ground to the back net = 4 runs
- In the air, including if the ball hits the roof, to the back net = 6 runs
To score the runs off the nets you also need to run from the crease to the halfway line
The back net, behind the batter, is no score unless there are any actual runs ran
The league will begin again in 7th of February 2017.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.